* Guts & Grace for Businesswomen
I help women become strong, successful businesswomen, while staying in their feminine, and creating a self-confident and powerful presence.
When women embrace their feminine centered creativity and emotional intelligence, balanced with masculine focus and action, they excel in every way in their lives. Empowering women in this way improves their communication skills, makes them superior leaders and exponentializes their ability to focus, enabling them to deliver superior performance. Since creativity and innovation are crucial for companies to get and stay ahead of their competition, empowering women to develop these aspects of themselves is crucial.
My services include:
*A 6 Month Group Program Delivered in 2 quarters
*Seminars and Webinars
*Private Coaching with Individuals
When women change their relationship with their own personal power, self-care, and emotional intelligence, it changes every interaction and relationship they have, business and personal.
- Nearly nine in 10 women agree that relationships with colleagues (88%) and direct supervisors (86%) have a big impact on how happy they are with their jobs.
- According to a 2013 CareerCuilder study, 50% of respondents said "increased recognition" would entice them to stay with a company. (http://www.businessinsider.com/things-bosses-do-that-make-great-employees-quit-2015-9)
- As predominantly male fields, it's no surprise a lingering old boys' club attitude in the science, engineering and tech industries isolates women. Surveyed women describe these as the "lab-coat culture" in science that encourages long unforgiving hours, the "hard-hat culture" of engineering and the frat-like "geek workplace culture" of tech. These environments tend to make working women feel out of place as a result.
- Turnover tends to be higher in environments where employees feel they are taken advantage of, where they feel undervalued and ignored and where they feel helpless or unimportant. (http://www.referenceforbusiness.com/encyclopedia/Eco-Ent/Employee-Turnover.html#ixzz2i1teTqrm) When women become core confident within themselves, they are able to know their own inherent value and leave behind things outside of themselves impacting them negatively.
- The costs of turnover are high: According to a study by the Society for Human Resource Management, employers will need to spend the equivalent of six to nine months of an employee’s salary in order to find and train their replacement. Doing the math, that means that for an employee salaried at $60,000 will cost the company anywhere from $30,000 to $45,000 to hire and train a replacement. Other research shows that the average costs could be even higher. In a study conducted by the Center for America Progress, the cost of losing an employee can cost anywhere from 16% of their salary for hourly, unsalaried employees, to 213% of the salary for a highly trained position! So if a highly trained executive is making $120,000 a year, the true loss could be up to $255,600 to the company! (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/julie-kantor/high-turnover-costs-way-more-than-you-think_b_9197238.html)
- Gallup researchers have studied human behavior and strengths for decades and discovered that building employees' strengths is a far more effective approach than a fixation on weaknesses. A strengths-based culture is one in which employees learn their roles more quickly, produce more and significantly better work, stay with their companies longer and are more engaged. In this study, a vast majority (67%) of employees who strongly agree their manager focuses on their strengths or positive characteristics are more engaged, compared with (31%) of employees who strongly agree that their manager focuses on their weaknesses. (http://www.gallup.com/businessjournal/182321/employees-lot-managers.aspx)
- In addition, when women are centered and empowered, they are less easily offended and fewer lawsuits for harassment are filed. This fact alone is huge for a company's bottom line; Sexual harassment is a cost that many companies will have to face at some point: A 2010 study by the Society for Human Resource Management found that more than a third of companies had dealt with sexual harassment claims within the past two years. If the claim can be handled via an internal investigation and remedy, a company may be able to contain the costs, but things get expensive quickly if the employer files suit. If that happens, the company is going to incur a $100,000 bill in legal fees and investigations even if they win, according to a recent article found in (http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/08/22/The-High-Cost-of-Sexual-Harassment)
Real Women – Real Stories
Below, along with the 2 written client testimonials, you will find an audio testimonial from one of my private clients, who had been working with me at the time for 4 months. This client has worked in Product Line Management for a telecommunications company (Ciena) for 12 years, where she has always been the only woman on the team in a sea of men.
When we began working together, she had lost the sense of purpose in her career and had been looking for a new job for the past year. Recently with the discovery of her internal personal power and feminine energy she's calmed down by being very present in the moments of the day and re-evaluated her career from this new perspective. She has balanced it with her external drive for excellence in her work and brilliant intellectual intelligence, which was all she knew how to access before, and it burned her out.
Making these changes within herself has reignited her drive in the day-to-day life of product management and she no longer feels the need to look elsewhere. In the attached recording, she details how doing this work has impacted her focus, sense of value, productivity and sense of recognition, especially in interactions with her direct supervisor. She just returned from a trip where she met him in person for the first time, even though she has worked with him for years.
First quarter: Clarity-Self Assessment and Baseline
-Education, understanding, experience, and integration of the concepts.
-Knowing each participants’ beginning baseline, areas of opportunity and potential growth as well as desired outcome.
-Participants will be offered group sessions as well as customized self-improvement guidelines pertaining to their specific needs. Participants can add individual sessions for an additional cost.
-Participants will uncover the ways they are ineffectively communicating and learn immediately implementable tools and skills they can bring into their everyday lives.
Second Quarter: Empowered Action, Integration and Evolution
-Bringing their learning into every aspect of their work life, as well as whole life.
-Reinforcement and repetition designed to fully integrate the participants’ changes.
-Re-evaluation, implementation and next steps.
THE BOTTOM LINE:
When women become core confident within themselves, they are able to know their own inherent value and leave behind things outside of themselves impacting them negatively.
When women change their relationship with their own personal power, self-care, and emotional intelligence, it changes every interaction they have, business and personal.
I look forward to exploring ways we can work together to help the women in your company thrive within your company's culture!
Month 1: Confidence, Personal Power
People with high levels of confidence and personal power achieve high levels of productivity and effectiveness in the workplace.
Month 2: Self-Awareness, Presence
Personal Presence vs. Body Language
Being Seen vs Invisible
A person’s presence in the world is a reflection of their
internal emotional intelligence and personal power.
Month 3: Understanding Boundaries
Familiarity creates closeness. Closeness creates trust. Trust is crucial for effective workplace relationships.
When individuals operate from a strong sense of clarity and personal power as well as trust, they much effectively establish clear limits and guidelines that preserve the professional relationship above all else.
Month 4: Emotional Intelligence, Intellectual Intelligence
Feminine-Inward Energy-Emotional Intelligence
Masculine-External Energy-Intellectual Intelligence
Month 5: Whole Life, Significance and Effectiveness
How we do everything is how we do everything
Focus is having clear vision and comprehension.
Focus > Significance, Effectiveness
Focused and centered people with high levels of Personal
Power strive for appreciation, satisfaction and meaning
in their interpersonal world, regardless of their environ-
Month 6: Engagement, Integration and Evolution
Engagement, Integration and Evolution
Re-evaluation, implementation and next steps.